Thursday, December 31, 2009

Rasogolla!

Making rasogollas sounds really easy if you just look at the recipe that I have received from my friend Shagufta. And I have made it several times in the past... although I have not made it in 4 years! I had somewhat forgotten how tricky it is to make the perfect rossogolla! Well, if you wonder what a rasogolla or rasgulla is... let me explain here. Rasogolla's actual translation would be cheese balls in syrup:-). That may not sound appetizing to you but they are the most popular sweets in the Indian subcontinent! Mostly bought in the corner sweet shops and their origin is controversial! The current form if rasogolla was first created and marketed by Nabin Chandra Das of Kolkata in 1868 whose profession was sweet making!

Posted via email from Kaberi's stream of (un)consciousness

No comments:

Post a Comment